So, it seems that all I was able to manage this year is this little one. No blogging (or barely any since March), little scrapbooking, little quilting. It was enough just to barely keep up the edges of what I normally do. For me it was the experience of a lifetime, just like the arrival of my other two sons. Today is his official due date. It seems that we worked all year towards this date and now that he is safely here, I can breathe a sigh of relief and joy. It has taken me a couple of weeks (ok 2 and a half) to decompress from the stress of the last nine months and begin to enjoy our new life. And, we are quite proud as you can see. What a joy to change the title of this blog to the Buffo Five. Life has returned somewhat to normal, all of the visitors have gone home and Dan has returned to work. The big difference is the addition of this little gift to our home. Frankie is doing really well despite a rough start in the feeding department. After dropping too far from his birth weight (at the lowest point weighing 6lbs 1oz) while in the hospital, yesterday at the 2 week check-up he weighed a whopping 7lbs 10ozs. T
his was another big increase, on last Wednesday at the lactation clinic he weighed 7 lbs even. He seems to be catching up in a big way. This is bittersweet for me, on one hand it is nice that my milk has come in and we can stop worrying about that complication. On the other, I realize that this is the last time he will be this small. Soon he will be running around with his other brothers and our baby era will be over forever. But, I get so far ahead of myself that I fear I will miss these special moments with our littlest one. So, here's to a dirty home, undone laundry, takeout and perhaps the missing Christmas poem (that hasn't yet been given up on completely) I am going to focus on these moments right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment