Monday, April 27, 2009

March 28-29, Soquel


So, it has been a while since I updated this blog. We have been busy with new changes around our home that have come with new hopes and new anxieties. More on that to come, we hope. We had a great weekend with Opa and Oma, and it was hard to choose which picture deserved to be on the blog. So, just head on over to Flickr and get the rest of them. We had a great time goofing off in Santa Cruz for Opa's birthday and especially just letting the cousins hang out. It was truly such fun. On Saturday morning we went to the pool where Henry is taking swimming lessons (it still amuses me to no end that when I called my Dad to ask him a question for Annabelle, he was in a blizzard). The kids loved the shallow warm water. We played on Annabelle's farm, with the goats and the chickens and the garden. But, I truly think our favorite thing was the river. I had never been down there and neither had the boys, it was so wonderful and such a place to adventure and goof off. I look forward to many more years of them exploring all the wonders of Soquel Creek. We also had a great time exploring Opa and Oma's ranch. We snuck into all the trees and took little walks and had fun watching Uncle Eric make a spectacular dinner for Opa. It was truly a great weekend and we were sad to leave. It is hard for us to not be near family, maybe someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment