
So, last week many of my family got together to celebrate Frankie and to bless him. For some, it was the first time meeting him. For others, they had already made the trek to visit with us. Regardless, it was a treasure to have our family joined. And a little sad. I am always saying that we are exiled here in LA. Last week I really felt it. It brought back a line from Fiddler, hence the title of this blog.
It was great to see family from both sides together and laughing. Squishing into our little place. It was wonderful to sit around the table and eat together. I missed dearly those who couldn't make it. Mostly my family. I know that they would have such fun together. There are many days that I miss living near any family. Not just the hard days either, the fun days when I know that I would end up at the park with one of my sister's and her children goofing off.
And if I was having one of those days too, I know that I could just collect my children and go visit with a sister and just be together. Perhaps someday. It makes me sad to know that I will forever be divided (unless some act of God destroys the four states separating California from Oklahoma, granted not wishing that on anyone or anywhere, ok maybe the stretch between Albuquerque and Tucumcari on the 40 that has eaten at least three of our cars). It doesn't matter where we move, we will never have all of our family together. And with that, I will forever be Far from the Ones I Love. Thanks for making the heroic effort to be with us. It was truly a beautiful weekend. All my Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment