
So many things to do, so little time. It seems that as soon as I turn around the phone is ringing. I am grateful that I have so many wonderful friends and relatives and have the opportunity to speak with them. Especially with my family in their far-flung homes. We have been keeping busy, especially and happily doing the little things that seem to slip away in the day to day muck of keeping the house.
The boys and I happily spent Wednesday morning sewing. I hadn't sewn since December, and it was fun to get the machine out. We had a great time and made a some pirate shorts for the boys and Vinny's friend Luke who is pirate crazy! He reminds me of a little Trenton, in that the world becomes more and more imagined. I can't wait until the boys are swallowed up in their imaginary worlds. Vinny goes in and out, just barely stepping on the edge, I can't wait until he leaps in with both feet.
Thursday dawned with morning Scripture Study with "my friends" as we call them here. They are actually this amazing collection of women who come and spoil my children each Thursday morning. It is fun to have them here and they are such a wealth of love and wisdom for me. The boys love it when they come, they get to show off all of their new skills and items. The pirate shorts were this week's show and tell. And Grammy (my dear friend Wanda Hart) brought them hot chocolate, they love that. Afterwards just when I thought I would run out to the store, Vinny comes to me and says, "Mom, could we please just stay and play outside?". So, of course I said sure. So we spent the mid-day just running around and enjoying the influx of spring. The buds on our fruit trees are just starting, it is lovely here with fluffy clouds and bright blue skies. Almost, but not quite San Luis blue. It was so fun. I loved watching the boys pick the flowers, and Gianni try to blow the clover like it was a dandelion. I just love these days, I am so glad that my understanding husband doesn't mind when I play instead of run my errands or clean the house. This is the life, truly.
No comments:
Post a Comment