In keeping with our tradition to try and do everything, we went off to the Orange Squeeze at Heritage Park in La Verne on Monday. We joined our Mommy and Me class. It was great fun, and smelled amazing with all of the orange blossoms. What was most amusing to me was how unimpressed Vinny was with the farm itself. Gianni thought it was great fun, but Vinny knowing how totally cool it is to drive Papa's tractor could not understand why, when placed in the tractor seat for a photo, he wasn't able to drive. Of course, Papa lets him drive his tractor, so can't he drive all tractors? And then, the tractor was orange, not blue like Papa's. You could hear the disgust in his voice, it is almost as if he was saying "What kind of farm is this?". We did have fun riding in the back of the tractor, hand pumping the windmill, squeezing orange juice, then planting flowers in our orange rinds and playing with our friends Luke and Jake. These three boys have been together since birth. It is fun to see them grown up together now. Little Gianni works hard to play like the big boys. I like that Luke and Vinny work hard to include him. They are always looking out for him.
Tuesday was slow, but we did manage to fit in some bubbles and train sets. The morning was spent shopping for shoes. I first, cannot believe that Vinny is wearing a size 10 (he is still in 2T clothes for the most part, he has just started to outgrow his pants, but not by much). His feet have always been ahead of the rest of him. He of course picked out new Lightning McQueen shoes from the movie Cars. Gianni, whose cute little feet measured in at a 7, finally got his own pair of hard soled shoes. We have been using soft leather shoes for quite awhile now, but we feel it is time to move on. He also chose Lightning McQueen shoes, just like his brothers. The most shocking part to me was how much they were. Not just because they were licensed, the price difference was only a couple of dollars, but just because I suppose they are so small. I guess if I think about it, I wouldn't want to work on such little things with a sewing machine. Happily though, our little ones have shoes and they love them. I wouldn't be surprised to find Gianni wearing them to bed tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment