Friday, March 13, 2009

Thursday March 12, 2009



The new craze at our house is fairy tales. The boys both love them. Gianni carries around a storybook of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. He protects it in his little arms and won't let anyone else read it. (He is particularly fond of the Papa Bear's illustrated belly button, and loves to poke it and then get someone to poke his). Vinny has always loved the story of the Three Little Pigs. We have several versions of it including one with fishies and sharks, and the Disney version which of course Mom sings the song to when we read it. Lately though, Vinny and Gianni want to hear the stories told and not read.

During bedtime we all get on the couch and we tell the stories. Frequently Daddy will take a part, during the Three Little Pigs he gets to be the Big Bad Wolf. It is fun as we go along and tell the story together. So imagine my surprise when Vinny started telling me the story. I thought you might like to hear his rendition. Just ignore the kitchen, we were all working in there to clean up when he started telling me the story to pass the time. I couldn't miss the opportunity, dirty kitchen or not.

I love Vinny's memory and his sense of imagination. I love that for Gianni, the books parallel to his life. We just love reading with them every night, it is one of our favorite things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment