
It was picnic in the park day. We had a great time playing with Rachel, whose mother was sick. We grabbed her on our way to the park and enjoyed the morning with her company. I have always loved bubbles so it is no surprise that I buy all sorts of bubble things for us to play with. We had a great time chasing bubbles across the field and popping them. The boys are getting much better at bubble blowing, which brings me no shortage of smiles. I especially loved watching the boys play forts in the bushes. Vinny went off to work, ate his sandwich and then came back to me. Gianni being the ever independent one kept running up and down the hill and out of sight. I finally had to position myself in the center of where I could keep an eye on both, but not be near either one. At parks lately Gianni has taken to going to the highest point and finding an opening (you know where a climbing apparatus has been placed) holding onto the bars at both sides and leaning waaaay out. It is enough to give me a panic attack. This usually results in everyone at the park staring at me when I scream, "Gianni, STEP BACK." He will give me his little mischievous smile and then casually lean back in to go and do it another opening. Ugh. Loving this adventurous kid!
Now for today's Vinnyism: This is Vinny's favorite question when confronted with any animal, bug, plant, he intends to ask if they will hurt him or not. Usually we'll respond with whether they will kiss or bite him. But today, feeling in a Looney Tunes sort of mood (perhaps some of you will get the reference) I replied differently. Vinny's response made me laugh so hard, I had to share.
Here's the conversation:
VB: What will it do with me?
M: Kiss you and Love You and Call you George.
VB: But I don't WANT to be George!
Maybe you just had to be there, but I loved his response. we hope you have a lovely day!
No comments:
Post a Comment