Such a busy weekend and oh what fun we had! Dan and I frequently lament about how much we miss SLO and we do try and get there as much as possible. But, we also take comfort in the fact that Diamond Bar looks so much like the Central Coast (if you squint really hard that is). One of the perks of living here is being so close to Poly Pomona. This Saturday we joined our friends the Weyhreters (they have a little girl Rachel, who is Vinny's age) and we went to Poly to pick strawberries. It was such fun. The boys had a great time hunting through the strawberries for the perfect ones. They were really good, probably the best I've had in a long time. We had amazing shortcakes with them. The best part of the day for us was to see the Pep Band play. It made us heartsick for Poly and all our Kappa Kappa Psi brothers. (For those of you who don't recall, that was the band service fraternity that Dan and I belonged to in college). We have such fond memories of these brothers and our time there. It was great to hear them. They were small but still did a fine job. We both got a great laugh over some of the shirts in the Farm Store there, our favorite was, there are 2 Poly's, Pomona and the other one. We just can't wait to see if SLO has them in reverse.
Sunday followed our normal schedule, with the exception that we were on time to church. That happens so rarely. We do try, honestly we do. Vinny has had a struggle moving from the nursery with Gianni to Primary (the LDS version of Sunday School). Dan is so good and sits with him helping him to adjust. Vinny just takes his time to adjust to new things and we love how much he loves to be with us, we can't bear to make him let go. Ultimately the time will come when he will want to go, but luckily for us, we haven't made it there yet. I know, I know, pre-school is around the corner and I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. This has created something of an issue though with Gianni. He doesn't like that he has now been left in the nursery solo. So, that means that I am balancing my time with him in the nursery with my responsibilities with the Young Women (I am the president of the organization for the girls in our church 12-18). Frequently, I will hear the cries of my little one waft down the halls and I will run down to rescue him. I am lucky that Elizabeth Weyhreter (see above) is in there and she knows when he is truly distressed. I am sure that he will adjust too, but just as with Vinny, I am in no hurry. The afternoon played out in a lazy fashion with Dan taking the boys home for a nap while I attended my meetings. The boys had a lot of extraneous energy so we took them down to the park to wear down, they had a great time splashing in the little stream, it was amazing that I let go enough to let them do it. We had a great time watching them be little explorers.
No comments:
Post a Comment